Monday, January 31, 2011

The ideas behind Ideology

So I've been asked to elaborate on the concept of "IDLGY" - which is actually the shortened (and voweless) form of the word "Ideology" (just in case you didn't realize).

I came up with the name during the summer while I was bouncing around ideas for a future jacket line. One of my design philosophies (or what little philosophy I have) for design is that our cloths are an extension of our personalities. Of course in which case, everyone's perfect jacket would be custom made. However, as that is impossible, I settled for jackets which are inspired by people I know. I emphasis on functionality. A great jacket should be versatile - but completely suited to what someone does. After all, the perfect jacket endures after years and years of wearing!

From that, I created the first "the ideology jacket". It was designed for both me and my cousin with whom I share many style ideas. We both love chic, slightly futuristic but classically tailored garments that fit well and that we can throw on over any outfit to finish up a look or just to add a bit of interest. The jacket features quilting details, a versatile & removable front panel and of course, the most wonderful leather.

This jacket will be going into production sometime this year - and hopefully available online for your purchasing pleasures soon! If you'd like to custom order the jacket (in a specific size / colour), please email me and let me know!

Also, for future jackets - I'm looking for inspiration. So if you're on the market for your perfect jacket, drop me a note and let's chat!

On that note, stay tuned for future ideology jackets! 

Si

No comments:

Post a Comment