Friday, January 28, 2011

ideally it'd be revolution

Hi! This the first post of IDLGY! So I'll start a little by introducing us.

We are roommates, currently living in a cute little apartment in Toronto, Canada. Both of us are fashion students studying Design & Communications at Ryerson University. We both do a little bit of designing from things like feather rings to leather jackets to shoes (still in the workings ...). Both love fashion, art & photography.

IDLGY is the love child of Summer 2010, leather jackets & the general need for a space to share ideas, inspirations etc. Earlier in the Summer 2010, I had the pleasure of visiting China which is btw, a mad-house for design ideas. While I was in Shanghai, I was working with a couple local designers & a leather jacket manufacturer. The idea came to me to design my perfect leather jacket. Because I am a designer .. and poor, I could never find an original jacket which encompasses everything that I am and is functional and stylish. Thus came the first IDLGY jacket.


With the jacket came idea for a brand of jackets which are inspired by real life people for real life people. Jackets which fit the functionality needed by the individual they are designed for and reflects the people they represent. And with that came the idea for a blog on which we can share the people we get to meet on daily lives, our design ideas & esthetics's and all that other fun stuff!


2 comments: