Thursday, February 3, 2011

the best way to feel better is to look at something pretty

So I think I have a slight ear infection. Ew, gross. I know. But on the bright side, it's only a pounding pain in my left ear and the rest of me is fine-ish. I've noticed how in the winter months, I pretty much have a permanent cold - which last year caught me the H1N1. All through high school, it ensured that I was miserable during exam period.

And this year it's stomach flu & ear infection. Hip hip horray. So I decided to take a "personal health day" off.

I don't know what most people do on these days - but I'm a nerd. So I catch up on all my deviantart. Which I do everyday anyways ... but more intensively on sick days. So I thought I'd share my favorites.


`Thienbao on Deviantart has been one of my favourites for as long as I can remember. 


There is just something about the way she paints which is absolutely gorgeous. 


When I was really really really getting into the whole graphic/web design blah blah thing back in high school, Vectoring (Illustrator) / Vexeling (Photoshop) was extremely popular. There were like whole communities dedicated to them - they might still exist now and I guess I just no longer follow them. But this one was done by my dear friend Stella aka `thursdaymorning. Who is not only a master of vexelling - but also of other really cool things.


Yah. She's supa cool. Now. 


I'm also insanely obsessed with this OMFG gorgeous girl Victoria Yun, photographed by `hakanphotography


She's just unreal. 


Pretty much what anyone would look like if they had a Korean mother & a Russian father I suppose. 


And last but not least, `ethe. Who's special form of surrealism always makes me so happy.


I love goldfish. Don't you love goldfish?

Anyway, what do you guys do on sick days? I'd love to see what kind of cool things you find when you have a little too much time on your hands.

Si

No comments:

Post a Comment